Big thanks to Primal Palate (dot com) for the recipe and instructions.
Pinterest that pic, it’s awesome!!
- 5 wholeÂ Raw Carrot,Â peeled and shredded
- 1 cupÂ Grade B Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cupÂ Coconut Flour,Â sifted
- 1 TbspÂ ground Cinnamon
- 1 tspÂ Baking Soda
- 1 tspÂ Sea Salt
- 10Â Pastured Eggs
- 10Â Dates (Medjool)
- 1 TbspÂ Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cupÂ Organic Coconut Oil,Â melted
- 2 cupÂ Cream Cheese FrostingÂ – Cream cheese, butter and vanilla in a mixer with pineapple if you like!
- 1 cupÂ Organic Walnuts,Â chopped for garnish
- In a food processor, using the grating blade, shred carrots.
- Place carrots in a large ziplock bag.
- Pour maple syrup over carrots and let marinate in the fridge for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 325Â°F.
- In a small mixing bowl, add sifted coconut flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
- Make date mixture with 10 medjool dates and 1 tablespoon maple syrup.
- In a large mixing bowl or kitchen mixer, blend eggs, vanilla, melted coconut oil, and date mixture.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and blend.
- Remove carrots from the fridge, and drain the excess maple syrup from the carrots using a colander.
- Stir grated carrots into cake batter.
- Grease two 9-inch cake pans with coconut oil.
- Pour batter into pans.
- (For easy removal, line pans with parchment paper)Bake for 35 minutes.
- Test center with a tooth pickâ€”if the tooth pick comes out clean, then the cakes are done.
- Remove cakes from oven and cool.
- Frost cake with cream cheese frosting, garnish with walnuts, and serve.